Hi everyone! This is a face mask concoction containing a combination of simple kitchen ingredients, each of which have their own beneficial properties for your skin. Feel free to add any or better yet, ALL of these ingredients into a mixture for optimal results. Enjoy!
1. Cinnamon (1 tablespoon)
Cinnamon is capable of drying out acne and prevent breakouts from happening. It also aids in supplying blood and oxygen into your skin by increasing blood flow and oxygen supply, leaving your skin feeling rosy and purified. It may leave a slight burning sensation on your skin the first time, but will reduce over time as impurities are extracted.
2. Lemon (1 freshly sqeezed)
Lemon juice helps to clear discolourations and scars, while improving appearance by regulating skin tones (toner). The vitamin C present in lemons revitalizes and restores the skin. It also has a burning effect on the face but gradually reduces.
3. Egg Whites (1 egg white)
Egg whites contain proteins that tightens, lightens and reduces the size of pores on your skin. It provides a soothing effect and prevents ageing of the skin. Egg whites are also a powerful tonic that prevents and treats sunburns, blisters and allergic reactions.
4. Tumeric (1 tablespoon)
Turmeric not only treats eczema, psoriasis and acne but also controls oily skin, treats minor burns and acts as a sunscreen. It helps to prevent breakouts, protects the skin against harsh effects of UV rays and controls oily skin.
5. Aloe Vera (2 tablespoon)
Aloe Vera gel has antioxidant and antibacterial properties that reduces acne, rashes, blackheads and other inflammations, killing bacteria in your pores. It heals old scars and restores the skin it to its naturally balanced state.
6. Baobab Powder (1 tablespoon)
An an antioxidant powerhouse, containing high levels of vitamin C and Polyphenols, making it the perfect beauty booster.
- Antioxidants - thanks to their free radical scavenging ability, they help prevent premature skin ageing and reduce the speed at which the skin cells age. Baobab contains over two times the antioxidants (per 100g) of goji berries and more than blueberries and pomegranates combined.
- Vitamin C - vital for cell protection, regeneration & healthy blood vessels and one of the best skincare ingredients for anti-ageing.
- Polyphenols - Baobab’s polyphenol content is higher than most other fruits. Polyphenols are antioxidant plant chemicals including flavonoids, bioflavonoids, flavanols and tannins, which are often used in anti-ageing skin cream formulations.
7. Cacao Powder (1 tablespoon)
The high levels of antioxidants protects and repairs the skin from damage and premature ageing. It is also a potent anti-inflammatory that soothes redness and blemishes, improving the skin’s complexion. Natural oils derived from the cacao seed, also known as cacao butter, contains healthy omega-6 fatty acidsto rejuvenate the skin while an increasing blood flow, keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
8. Moringa Powder (1 tablespoon)
Moringa's rich source of antioxidants helps slow down the anti-aging process and the degeneration of skin cells by scavenging and quenching free radicals. Plus, Vitamin A is essential for reducing wrinkles. The active amino acid properties promote healthy cells that hydrate the skin and balance the skins PH levels.
9. Milk (5 tablespoons)
Milk has a variety of benefits from hiding fine line and wrinkles, to curing acne and acne scars and even to lighten the skin tone. It contains lots of essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, is a natural toner, moisturizer, skin lightener, cleanser, anti-tanning agent, adds glow and radiance, and promotes skin fairness.
The mixture with all the ingredients should have a thick consistency for easy application. Remember to do a patch test before using it on your skin to see the reaction. Enjoy!