How much do you know about Spirulina? For instance, did you know it is the single most nutritious food in existence? It’s true! Spirulina is the epitome of what it means to be a superfood. It is jam-packed with many essential vitamins and nutrients that can help you feel better, think better, and even detoxify your body of harmful environmental toxins like heavy metals. What else can this magical superfood do? Keep reading on and we’ll tell you 5 scientific facts about spirulina that will blow your mind!
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae that has been used centuries as a food source across the world. It is able to grow heartily in very inhospitable conditions and therefore is easy to cultivate. It has more protein than most vegetables and contains high amounts of beta-carotene, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), iron, and chlorophyll. Spirulina Powder can also support your immune system, provide a boost of energy almost immediately, and works as a natural detoxifier to help cleanse your body of toxins and impurities.
5 Scientific Facts About Spirulina
If you’re not convinced that Spirulina is the most nutritious food on the planet yet, read on to discover 5 scientific facts about Spirulina!
- A single tablespoon of Spirulina Powder contains 4 grams of protein, up to 15% of your recommended daily value of vitamins B1, B2, and B3, 21% of your daily value of copper, and 11% iron. Plus, high amounts of magnesium, potassium, and manganese, and trace amounts of almost every other nutrient your body needs.
- Spirulina is a great source of antioxidants. It contains phycocyanin which helps to fight free radicals and provides remarkable anti-inflammatory effects.
- Research has shown Spirulina works to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol while raising HDL (good) cholesterol. In one study, 1 gram of Spirulina Powder per day lowered triglycerides by 16% and LDL cholesterol by 10%.
- While studies are still being performed, research is promising that Spirulina has anti-cancer properties. In animal studies, it reduced cancer occurrence and tumor size. Recent studies on humans show that Spirulina can reduce precancerous lesions in the mouth.
- Spirulina has also been shown to reduce muscle fatigue and increase endurance. A 2010 study concluded that Spirulina enhanced endurance and increased the amount of time it took to become tired. This could mean Spirulina Powder makes the perfect pre-workout supplement.
Using Organicule Spirulina Powder
Organicule Spirulina Powder is grown in an all-natural, eco-production farm in South Eastern California. It stays 100% pure during its growth with no irradiation, chemicals, or pesticide herbicides ever being used. To take advantage of the incredible health benefits of Spirulina, you only need to take 1 gram of powder each day.
To use Organicule Spirulina Powder, simply mix one serving into your water, smoothie, juice, or workout shake! You can even use this nutritious powder to add to your favorite food recipes. Make sure to add Spirulina Powder to your diet daily for optimal health.