Okay, I’ll admit it -- I was deeply inspired by Song of Style’s raw bar recipe neons ago and ended up on the vegan raw bar wagon for awhile. Since then, I’ve tried and tested multiple versions until I found a recipe that I was truly happy with. These bars are super easy to make and completely fuss free -- I’m so excited to finally be sharing it with you guys on Organicules’ blog!
Delicious and packs a real punch, I eat these bars as on-the-go snacks, in the office for a little pick-me-up and sometimes even as dessert if I’m craving for something sweet!
I’ve been a using a few of Organicules Superfoods for awhile now (in particular the Cacao, Maca and Spirulina powder) and they are great additions to my everyday routine. However, this was the first time trying out the Hemp Protein and even as someone who doesn’t do HIIT exercise often, I found that it helped boost my energy levels on days I was feeling rather mellow.
Organi-Cool Raw Bars
1 ½ cup organic rolled Oats
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
¼ cup of Walnuts (chopped)
¼ cup Sunflower Seeds
½ cup Coconut Oil
¼ tsp sea salt (for that little salty surprise!)
12-18 Dates, pitted and Chopped (depending on your own ratio)
2 tpsn of Organicule Superfoods Cacao Powder
2 tpsn of Organicule Superfoods Hemp Hearts
1 cup of Organicule Superfoods Hemp Protein
3 tpsn of Organicule Superfoods Cacao nibs (or really however much you want!)
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for Topping
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2) Mix the oats, chia seeds and coconut oil together in a bowl, evenly coating the granola mixture with the oil. Spread on the parchment paper.
3) Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for 15 minutes more, or until golden brown.
4) While waiting for the oat mixture to bake, pit and chop dates and place in a large bowl. When the oats are done let cool for about 15 minutes.
5) To create the bars, mix the warm granola with the chopped dates in a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon or even with your hands to really cut the mixture together. Tip: if you find that they’re not sticking too well, add a little bit of nut milk of your choice to soften the mixture.
6) Add in all the Organicule Superfoods and mix well until you get a texture you are satisfied with,
6) Line a glass dish with parchment paper, and evenly press the date and granola mix into the prepared dish. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
7) Cover the top with plastic wrap, and freeze the bars for two to three hours.
8) Slice and serve.
9) To store, wrap the bars in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator
Give it a go and make up your own raw bars! Share your own photos and make sure to tag @organiculesuperfoods and @elyzakhamil!