If you didn’t think Cacao and Maca powders could be added to savoury dishes, think again! This chilli will prove it to you.
Cacao and Maca together add an earthy, rich flavor to this otherwise standard vegan chilli dish. It’s a one-pot meal that is simple to make, healthy and tastes great.
Note: this recipe is specific for a slow cooker, but you can also simmer on low over the stovetop (do not leave unattended – plan on staying home for 3-4 hours).
Cacao Maca Vegan Chilli
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hours
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium capsicum (bell pepper), chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small sweet potato chopped
- 2 cans (400g / 15oz) beans
- (kidney, black, cannellini – your choice)
- 2 tablespoon Organicule cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons Organicule Maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicier)
- Salt to taste
- Organicule hemp seeds
- spring onions (thinly sliced)
- avocado slices
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in a slow cooker.
- Cook in high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Taste test and add a pinch more dried seasonings if desired (black pepper, chilli powder, dried oregano, cayenne)
- Turn off slow cooker and spoon chilli into bowls.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
Store the reminder in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Leftovers can also be frozen (cool in the refrigerator first then transfer to freezer).
Amanda Luukinen - Certified Women's Health Coach
As a certified health coach, I support women to heal often overlooked aspects of their lives that may be limiting their health and ability to enjoy life.
Original article link - http://amandaluukinen.com/superfood-slowcooker-chili-with-cacao-and-maca-vegan-too/