It can be a real challenge to find healthy crackers amongst the packages and packages of processed cracker boxes in the grocery aisle. Let alone trying to manage food sensitivities such as gluten, nuts or grains.
Even when you find a healthy option, it likely has preservatives added to keep it fresh in its package. Sort of feels like you can’t win. Maybe you’ve stopped buying crackers all together!
But you can win - in both ingredients and flavour! As well as time and effort.
These are easy, healthy, and safe for nearly all food sensitivities and intolerances! And cheaper than store-bought. A win-win… win! Flax and hemp seeds are a good source of fiber and healthy fats, and are easily digestible. Try out different herbs to change up the flavour.
Here’s the recipe:
2/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup Organicule Superfoods Hemp Hearts
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
3 tsp dried or 2 Tbsp fresh herbs
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven 160°C/320°F
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Gradually add water and mash/mix with spoon
4. Spread onto silicone baking mat or parchment paper. (It will be sticky! Use a spoon or fingers. Or roll out between 2 sheets of parchment paper or 2 baking mats)
5. Score with knife into squares (like a grid so it’s easy to break apart later)
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown (should be firm to the touch but not burnt)
7. Let cool
8. Break apart along scored lines (should easily pop off baking mat/paper).
Enjoy these with your favourite dips, cheeses, or even crumbled on a salad. Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Amanda Luukinen - Certified Women's Health Coach
As a certified health coach, I support women to heal often overlooked aspects of their lives that may be limiting their health and ability to enjoy life.
Original article link - http://amandaluukinen.com/simple-healthy-seeded-crackers/